- Reflect on morning prayer.
- What am I thankful for?
- What is my goal of the day?
July 24, 2017
- I prayed for understanding. I was honest with God for one of the first times. I didn’t claim an unbroken faith. I confided in Him my worries and doubts. I apologized for my sins. I prayed that Kevin have an amazing week. I prayed that Bay keep seeking Him. I prayed to make a difference in the lives of the kids I am working with and I asked for patience. I also prayed for answers and to hear Him more clearly.
- I am thankful for Kevin for being a great friend to me when I need him most and when I make mistakes. I see a huge change in him and it makes me very optimistic about his future and possible ours… I am very excited to see him. T minus 8 days 🙂
- My goal of the day is to finish my Bonnaroo blog!!
July 25, 2017
- I thanked God for the fear of overeating. For the silly worry of counting calories when there are people who do not know if they are eating today. I asked for patience with the children I work with. I prayed for loved ones. I wished that one day I can change the world and take care of my people/repay them. I promised I would be patient, kind, loving, and obedient. I promised I would no longer sin.
- I am thankful for my body and food.
- My goal of the day is to be patient with the children. To take a step back and look at opportunities as times to teach and make a difference rather than get frustrated and turn my back.
July 26, 2017
- I was listening to John 9 this morning, about the story of the blind man. People asked Jesus who’s fault it was for the man being blind. Jesus replied by saying it was no ones sinfulness. The man being blind is an opportunity to show God’s love and power and make people believers. In this, I gained a lot of clarity about my brother. I learned that it wasn’t anyones fault that he was born with a birth defect. It wasn’t my mom or dad’s sin. It was an opportunity for God to do work in my brother’s life. To show his love and acceptance. It is easy to misunderstand this. For my brother to feel like a victim or ask ‘Why did this happen to me?’ and wonder how could God be so cruel. But rather, it is God’s proof that family will love you no matter what and will go to the ends of the earth to make sure he got what he needed. It was an opportunity for my parents to come together and work as one, committing attention, energy and love to a baby they brought into this world together. It was an opportunity to cry out to God and lean on Him and grow in their faith. This remains an opportunity to show Bay that real love goes beyond this physical world and our meat suits. True love goes much deeper. God loves your soul and sees your heart. He sees the person we are, our potential, pain, and loves us for all of it.
- I am thankful for my family today. Even though they are not the ideal family, they are mine and they need me as much as I need them.
- My goal of the day is to reach out to brother and make plans with him this weekend.